The Iowa Dynasty Fall League is a high school basketball league played exclusively on Sunday mornings, with games starting between 11am - 2pm, at Iowa City West High School.
At the conclusion of tryouts, coaches will hold a draft to pick league teams. Teams will consist of 8-10 players.
Regular season games start on September 29th. The tournament to crown a league champion will be played on October 27th.
The league aims to provide players in grades 8th -12th an opportunity to play in live game situations before the school season begins. By providing certified referees, experienced coaches, and incorporating Iowa high school rules to our games; players can expect games to have the talent and feel of an Iowa 4-A basketball game.
If you are interested in hearing more about our league, or information pertaining to potential sponsorships, please contact Nate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your continued support of Iowa Dynasty Hoops!
- Games times: 11am,12pm, & 1pm
- Teams will play two 3v3 games & two 5v5 games per weekend
- 3v3 games are split by age
(youngest at one hoop, oldest on another)
- Immediately following 3v3, teams come together and play 5v5
- Standard IHSAA followed, except for the following:
- Games will be played with two 18 min running clock (stopped on free throws & last two minutes of first half)
- Games will be over once Elam Ending is completed
(see explanation to the right)
- Each player will be granted six fouls per game
- Coaches receive two timeouts per game
New in 2019, Dynasty Fall League is adopting an exciting new way to finish games called the Elam Ending. Also prominently seen used in "The Basketball Tournament" hosted by ESPN.
How the Elam Ending works: At the first dead-ball whistle after the time goes below four minutes in the final quarter or half, the clock gets turned off. At that point, a target score is set, equaling the leading team’s point total plus seven. Then, the first team to hit that target score wins.
Example: Team A is leading Team B 58-48 when the "Elam Ending" activates. To win, Team A needs to score seven points before Team B scores 17. All regular basketball rules still apply, however, now it is not a battle against the clock, but rather to a target score.